5.29.2009

'Yaks

Since it's now full-on summer (and in Annapolis, summer is synonymous with boating), and at the mention of my boyfriend, B, I thought I'd put up a quick post about kayaking. But sorry, B, instead of espousing the values of kayaking, I thought I'd focus a bit more about my favorite part of kayaking:



The hot guys. :)

Okay, just kidding, that's not the only good thing about kayaking, but it is a nice bonus. (Sorry, y'all, if you were curious, that's not B above - it's a photo of Steven Ferguson from Fergs Kayaks in New Zealand.)

Beyond the aforementioned benefits, kayaking really is an awesome sport/activity. B and I have logged a lot of miles in our single-paddler sea kayaks and had some great times on the water paddling.

If you have a few minutes, take a look at this video of some sick long boaters (it's five minutes so feel free to scan through it); the video is also dubbed to a really good Damien Marley (featuring Nas) song that I had never heard, so enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, kayaking is one of the best ways to spend a beautiful summer weekend. It's not too expensive to get into, it's a good cardio workout (if you want it to be), and the places you can go are limitless compaired to larger boats and even jet skis. The Chesapeake Bay has sooooo many great places to paddle and really good history and wildlife.

    ReplyDelete