7.15.2009

H2O de parfum


I'm not a huge perfumer wearer. I've only ever used two perfumes: Bobbi Brown Beach, which everyone said smelled like suntan lotion, and Aquolina Pink Sugar, but people kept saying they smelled cupcakes when I walked by. I don't know how Tous H2O smells, but its packaging is gorgeous. Can you imagine this sitting on a vanity, reflecting light through the blue facets? So pretty.

Being billed as an "eco-chic" perfume, the bottle is made from 25% recycled glass and is 100% recyclable. Also, the cardboard packaging is made from materials certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Intermón Oxfam, a program which helps provide drinking water to communities in need.

The fragrance itself is "an aquatic fragrance...and features organic alcohol with notes of organic lemon, organic lavender, rose, jasmine, mandarin, cedar, white amber and Australian sandalwood from sustainable development." Lovely design and intention. If it smells as good as it looks and aims to do, I'd be happy to replace my previous beachy/sweet scents for one that does good.

No comments:

Post a Comment