6.24.2009

Porsche Speedster replica




Photos from A Continuous Lean

This car is making me absolutely drool. I never thought I'd say that about a car, but this one is gorgeous. It's a replica of the 1950s-era Porsche 356 Speedster - it's actually built on a VW chassis! I adore the inky blue they've painted it, plus all the amazing details - the leather buckles for the "boot" (which is all old-school and in the front, since the engine's in the back) and even the clever imitation Yale parking permit (backdated to 1962-63).

I "built" my own customized Speedster on the Automotive Legends website (the company where the one above came from) to see how much it would set me back and even my mid-level option totaled $35,993.00. Ouch.

But seriously, since I already have an adorable blue Vespa lookalike, wouldn't a blue Speedster lookalike be the perfect addition to my fleet? I can just see myself driving through downtown now, with a scarf trailing in the wind a la Isadora Duncan (though hopefully minus the tragic death part...). Kind of like this:

No?

No comments:

Post a Comment