12.10.2009

DIY holiday decor: terrarium ornament



I love the idea of using natural elements on a Christmas tree - from shells to fruit (real or fake) - I think they add a nice feel to the tree (real or fake). So when I saw these miniature (fake) terrarium ornaments, I was in love. Since they're DIY, you can add any natural element you want from a fake butterfly to a bug to a shell, pine cone, mushroom and so on. I think they'd be lovely on a tree, but they could also be placed together in a hurricane glass, or placed here and there on a mantel. How pretty would they be peppered throughout your holiday decor?

Design*Sponge has the full instructions here so that you can make these yourself. A great way to add some nature to your own tree, or a fabulous gift to give to others (no watering required!).

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!!!! Sand from a fab beach trip - or shells - or leaves...way cooler than buying a cheesy ornament from your vaca spot.

    ReplyDelete